The 16 Inch Bike model Woom 3 is all about offering a lower ride height. The low center of gravity of this comparably small triangle frame in conjunction with the high cockpit, a stable, good-natured geometry helps the children to further improve their riding skills. The bike has a front and rear V-brake and NO coaster (foot) brake.
The WOOM3 pedal bike has the following outstanding characteristics:
- High quality and light weight components: bike weighs only 12lb 7oz (5.6kg)
- Geometry designed for the youngest of riders
- Small hands reach brake specifically designed for very small hands - lever is easily adjustable
- Steering limiter to prevent over steering of front wheel
- Two V-Hand Brakes (no foot brake)
How is the bike delivered?
WOOM Bikes are perfectly prepared and almost completely assembled when they are shipped. Only a few small adjustments are necessary to get the bike ready to ride. Assembly instructions along with the necessary tools are included.
- Install the front wheel.
- Attach the head set and tighten the 6mm bolt firmly using the allen wrench.
- Adjust brake
- Install Pedals
- Adjust saddle height and ready to go
About the SRAM 2 Speed:
Most of us remember the first time we rode a bike, but can you remember the first time you rode a bike with gears? We asked ourselves here at WOOM what we could do to help introduce gears to kids. Now, in our search to find the perfect wheels for the woom 3, we’ve found the answer. The SRAM AUTOMATIX 2 hub is the boost that kids have been waiting for. It’s the perfect introduction to gears; all they have to do is keep pedaling! As soon as their feet get moving fast enough, the hub shifts gears for them. It’s as simple as that. The design is hands-free, keeping your child’s focus on the road. On top of that, the hub functions as a learning tool. The mechanism also teaches them timing. When they feel the bike change gears, children are passively learning how to time their shifts. Without ever touching a shifter, they can go faster, ride smoother, and move up to their next bike with total confidence. By the time the controls are in their hands, they’ll be ready for any adventure! The 2-speed automatic shifting operates via mechanical centrifugal clutch. It is a 136% step from first to second gear. The sensation is comparable to a single upshift on a geared bike. The shift occurs at around 7 mph. The hub adds a little less than 2 lbs. to the overall weight of the bicycle as compared to a traditional hub.
A name sticker made out of mirroring foil with the child´s name are available options for this bike.
- Frame Material: Light and high quality A-6061 Aluminum - Beginner geometry with 16" wheel size and good natured riding characteristics: Extremely low step in height, very low minimum seating position, long wheelbase, very forgiving geometry and steering limiter to avoid over-steering; Set up provides maximum stability, excellent balance and safe straight line riding resulting in increased satisfaction - Continuous seat post design allows for maximum saddle height adjustment.
- Fork: light unicrown fork made out of aluminum - 1" shaft - designed for ease of steering.
- Headset: semi-integrated 1" headset = sealed ahead set made out of steal and aluminum - integrated ahead clamp.
- Steering limiter: There is a small rubber ring connecting fork and frame - The rubber ring stabilizes the steering and supports riding in a straight line. This prevent unnecessary accidents when learning to ride.
- Head set: Forged Aluminum - 40mm - +10° - no protruding screws in this fully integrated and proprietary clamp design - we call it the knee-friendly design - the handlebar is connected with two 6mm bolts.
- Handlebar: wide, ergonomic, and light aluminum handlebar for more control - BMX style with high rise for maximum adjustability - sand blasted and black anodized - designed for small hands with a 19mm diameter - Width: 470mm
- Brake: Two independent hand brakes - Mini V-Brake with levers suitable for small hands - small hand reach brake lever with reach adjustability and ergonomic fit for very small hands - soft green brake pads in the rear for excellent braking power with little brake usage -hard (black) front brake pads for safe and regulated braking - Rear brake lever is green with the same color rear brake pad for ease of differentiation of front vs rear brake - high quality Jagwire bowden cable for low friction and ease of operation.
- Crank: Light forged aluminum cranks with 95mm length and low Q-Factor (low width between both legs) - Beginner ratio: 25T front and 16 rear - plastic pedals - molded cartridge chamber - Easy to operate V Hand brakes without coaster/foot brake.
- Wheels: Super light Soopa-Doopa-Hoops Aluminum rims - small Aluminum hubs for extended leg room at the rear wheel - sealed bearing hubs - wheel can be installed and removed with 5mm allen wrench - 16 Niro spokes 1.8 straight spokes.
- Tires: Kenda Small Block 1.5"x16 light weight low profile balloon tires offer great damping, rolling performance and a lot of grip - Schrader valves (car valves) to inflate easily.
- Saddle: Age specific and ergonomically designed and molded - Free of pollutant and toxins - side safeguard to lean against wall.
- Seat post: Anodized aluminum seat post - integrated maximum insertion indicator.
- Seatpost clamp: Aluminum quick release seat clamp with long lever for ease of use and operation - clamp is safely secured against unnecessary movements.
- Weight: 12.26 lb (5.56kg)