You have no items in your shopping cart
Revolutionary On Chain Degreasing Gel!
- Made in Britain
- Unique gel formula- easy to apply
- Can be diluted to make 1 litre of Green Clean bike cleaner
Clean Chain degreaser was developed due to two frustrations with other degreasers.
1- They are runny
2- They are often petrochemical based, damaging your skin, garden and environment
Clean Chain is a degreasing jelly, so it sticks to the chain for effective degreasing.
Clean Chain degreaser is 100% biodegradable, utilizing naturally derived ingredients.
Why clean your chain?
Layer upon layer of chain lube can build up into a mess. Pollution in the air can pollute your chain, and mud and road dirt can also make it dirty.
A clean chain with oil on can be over 99% efficient.
How to use Clean Chain Degreasing Jelly
1. Apply liberally to the chain whilst spinning the cranks.
2. Ride the bike for a minute to work Clean Chain degreaser in, shifting through the gears.
3. Next, wipe the chain hard with a dry rag.
4. Next, wipe or scrub the chain again with a wet rag or Green Oil Bicycle Brush.
(It helps to do this on the top part of the chain, keeping the chain tight by holding the cranks in place)
5. Rinse thoroughly by pouring water on from a jug or watering can whilst turning the cranks backwards.
6. Leave to dry, or dry with an old towel.
Can you use Clean Chain Degreaser Jelly in a Chain Bath of mechanical chain cleaner? You can also use 30ml Clean Chain and 60ml water mixed together in a chain bath. This is where you take the chain off the bike, and leave it in a small but of this solution for 2-4 hours. Then wipe clean.
The same mix can be used in a chain cleaning devise, up to 1 part Clean Chain to 3 parts water.
Clean Chain can also be mixed with 900ml water to make a whole litre of Green Clean bike cleaner!
Top Tip: Use a dish washer! Coat your bike chain in clean chain degreaser then put it in your dish washer on the top shelf. Make sure it's secure. Run with dishes as normal, and your chain will come out clean! It's like having your own industrial parts cleaning machine!
How is Clean Chain green?
- Clean Chain Degreaser Jelly is based on a special coconut oil based detergent
- Its bottle is 100% recycled plastic, and easily recyclable
- Clean Chain is 100% biodegradable after its life on your bike
Clean Chain Degreaser Jelly doesn't contain any petrochemicals. We use a special detergent made from coconut oil, apple and orange peel extracts alongside other naturally derived ingredients for powerful degreasing performance.
*You can use Clean Chain degreaser with water to make a whole litre of Green Clean bike cleaner. This means less water being transported around, and therefore a lower carbon footprint.
1. Pour 100ml (the contents of one bottle) of Clean Chain into an empty Green Clean bottle
2. Pour in 900ml water. Use water butt rain water if possible, or warm tap water.
NB. You don't have to measure out 900ml - simply watch the water rise until it goes a bit over the label.
Green Oil UK Limited will pay you 10p in cash for your old Clean Chain Degreaser Jelly bottle. Selected retailers will refill your bottle for a 10p discount. This concept is widespread in most countries where deposit bottles are used for beer and other drinks. See us at the next trade show for your 10p in cash!
You can of course though recycle your Clean Chain Degreaser Jelly. The cap is made of 'polypropylene' - plastic type 5, and we're honest about it - most council recycling bins in the UK don't take plastic type five.
Please rinse and recycle the bottle after removing the cap. Here are the recycling codes: