Learning to ride a bike with ease
Finally being able to learn to ride a bike makes a children's eyes twinkle! The woom 2 makes it easy for kids to switch from a balance bike to a pedal bike. In no time at all, kids intuitively learn the skills they need to ride: pushing the pedals, putting down their feet and balancing. With a woom bike, an important moment in childhood is made unforgettable!
The WOOM2 pedal bike has the following outstanding characteristics:
- High quality and lightweight components: bike weighs only 5.13kg
- Geometry designed for the youngest of riders
- Small hands reach brake specifically designed for very small hands - lever is easily adjustable
- Steering delimiter to prevent over steering of front wheel
- Frame: The frame is the heart of the bike; its well-thought-out beginner geometry makes learning with woom easy.
- Steering limiter: The woom steering limiter is an important safety feature that prevents the handlebars from overturning; it helps the little ones ride straight.
- Stem: The stem is smooth, light and inviting to the child. Additionally, the stem does not have any protruding screws, which protects the child's knees.
- Brake: Braking is something that has to be learned; kids recognize the important rear brake by the eye-catching green lever so they don't mix it up with the front brake.
- Crank: Length and stance width on the high-grade woom crank are ergonomically designed to fit children's bodies. The crank's optimal gear ratio covers the entire range of applications.
- Wheels: Good wheels make a bike ride smoothly. Its individual components make the woom wheels unique: from the smooth rolling hubs to the high-quality stainless spokes and our exclusive SOOPA-DOOPA rims.
- Tires: Tires have a big effect on comfort. We've chosen tires for the broadest range of applications. Whether on the street, gravel or trails, it's important to have an optimal grip.
- Saddle: The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike, and significantly affect the feeling on the bike. Our saddle is anatomically adapted and designed to perfectly fit the hip bones of a growing child.
- Seatpost clamp: With the quick-release seat post clamp, the saddle height can easily be adjusted. The lever is long enough for children to operate –without tools!
- Chain Guard: The completely closed chain guard does not only enhance the appearance of the bike, but also has a superior function, sturdy construction and a streamlined design. It protects children’s hands from the chain and offers excellent protection against dirt.
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium with butted tubes
- Beginner geometry with 14″ wheels and easy handling: low entry, very low sitting position, long wheelbase and forgiving steering geometry to provide stability, good balance and more riding fun
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Installation and removal with 5 mm hex key
- 16 stainless steel spokes, crossed spoking
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- 14 x 1.4″ Schwalbe Little Joe – woom edition
- High-quality, lightweight tyres for good shock absorption, low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- To stabilise steering and prevent overturning and falls, a small rubber ring is attached to the fork and frame which helps the child ride in a straight line.
- Superlight stem made out of forged aluminium
- 40 mm / +15°
- “Knee-friendly”: no protruding bolts thanks to the integrated handlebar clamp design
- Handlebars attached to stem with 5 mm hex bolt
- Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and lightweight aluminium bars for more control
- BMX style with high rise for maximum adjustability
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- 19 mm diameter grip, suitable even for very small hands
- Width: 500 mm width
- Anodised aluminium seatpost with insertion marks that indicate the minimum insertion depth
- woom Ergogrip – the smallest grip of its kind
- Ergonomically formed gripping surface, non-toxic
- Handlebar ends with extra large diameter for greater protection
- Screw-in handles for solid grip
- Made from aluminium
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Lightweight, forged 80 mm aluminium cranks with narrow tread (Q-factor)
- Beginner gearing: 25 teeth in the front and 15 teeth in the back
- Narrow, flat platform plastic pedals
- Sealed cartridge
- No coaster brake; flexible pedal position enables children to set off with more ease
- Two independently operated mini V-brakes with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability, also suitable to fit very small hands
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- Soft rear brake pads and harder front brake pads for more efficient braking
- Eye-catching green rear brake lever and green rear brake pads so children don't get front brake and rear brake mixed up
- 15 mm spanner for pedals
- 5 mm hex key for stem
- woom red, sky blue, woom green, purple haze, sunny yellow
- 5 kg / 11.02 lbs (without pedals)