Updated and upgraded for 2018!
The Early Rider Belter 16 Urban, our best selling bike, the stalwart of our range. Arguably our most rewarding bike as well as one of the hardest to develop. At a little over 5.5kgs the Belter sets the standard. It's worth bearing in mind that every kilo on a 3 year olds' bike is the equivalent of 4 or 5 on an adult bike. At 5kgs lighter than most 16" bikes, that's a big difference to a child.
It's not just the weight however, everything is designed low rolling resistance. The high thread count high psi tyres, the cartridge bearing hubs and even bespoke full bearing aluminium pedals all play a part. But it is the belt drive that steals the show, a belt will never stretch like a chain, it'll never be gunked up by dirt and grease and it will be as good the day your kid has finished with it as the day they first rode it and dad doesn't have to worry about maintaining it.
- Wheel Size: 16"
- Age: 3.5-6 years
- Inside leg: 45cm
- Approx child height: 105cm
- Frame: Narrow gauge AL6061 brushed aluminium
- Fork: AL6061 Forks and steerer
- Crank: CNC'd aluminium 105mm
- Bottom bracket: ER external threaded sealed cartridge
- Front Wheel: CNC'd aluminium hub 16"x20H aluminium rim
- Rear Wheel: CNC'd aluminium 4 bearing hub 16"x20H double wall, aluminium rim
- Belt/Chain: Gates 800-8M
- Brakes: Tektro BX1V
- Front Sprocket/Cassette: 22T CNC aluminium
- Levers: Tektro JL350
- Seat Post: Aluminium 25.4mm
- Front Tyre: Innova-2054 16x1.5"
- Rear Tyre: Innova-2054 16x1.5"
- Headset: 1 1/8" conventional sealed cartridge
- Stem: Ritchey OS forged AI6061, 60mm reach
- Bars: Ritchey OS double butted AI6061, 480mm, 20mm rise
- Grips: Early Rider mushroom grip
- Seat: Early Rider Brown faux leather riveted saddle
- Seat Clamp: Early Rider seat clamp 28.6mm
- Weight 5.6kg
Good to know:
- Adjustable seat height
- Shipped with only the handlebars and pedals to add
- Winner: Eurobike Award 2012
- Winner: Red Dot Product Design Award 2013
- 1 year warranty