The woom 4 is very dynamic. The next step is shifting; all 8 gears greatly expand the bike's range of application. Whether in the woods or on the hill, kids can now explore lots more – beyond their horizons!
- Frame: The lightweight frame is the heart of the bike; its well-thought-out geometry is designed for specific body sizes providing safe handling and a lot of riding fun.
- Stem: The eye-catcher is a safe, easy connection between the handlebars and the headset. The stem has no protruding bolts that kids can hit their knees on. Our vario stem makes the bike not only higher but also longer. The bike grows with the child.
- Brakes: woom bikes are equipped with two individual V-brakes. The levers are suited to fit small hands. Safely stopping requires little braking effort.
- Crank: Length and stance width on the high-grade woom crank are ergonomically designed to fit children's bodies. The crank's optimal gear ratio covers the entire range of applications.
- Tires: Tires have a big effect on comfort. We've chosen tires for the broadest range of applications. Whether on the street, gravel or trails, it's important to have an optimal grip.
- Saddle: The saddle is one of the most important points of contact between the child and the bike, and significantly affect the feeling on the bike.
- Grips: The 8 gears of the SRAM X4 gearshift can be operated by means of a twist grip with minimal manual power.
- Quick Release: Quick-release skewers enable wheels to be quickly installed and removed; this helps when transporting a bike in the car or if a flat tire occurs.
- Gearing: woom gearing increases riding fun and the riding range – without overstraining. The SRAM X4 derailleur has 8 gears with a beginner's ratio of 29 teeth in the front and 11-28 teeth in the back
- Frame material: light, high-quality AA 6061 aluminium with butted tubes
- 20″ wheels
- Agile yet easy handling: low entry, very low sitting position and forgiving steering geometry to provide good control and more riding fun
- 8 speeds
- SRAM "Grip Shift" twist shifter
- SRAM X4 derailleur
- Light unicrown fork made out of aluminium
- 1″ shaft
- Generous trail angle for easy handling
- Ultralight SOOPA DOOPA HOOPS aluminium rims
- Aluminium hubs with sealed bearings
- Quick-release skewers for easy installation and removal
- 20 stainless steel spokes, double-crossed spoking
- Fully-integrated 1″ headset
- Sealed industrial bearings
- Integrated ahead clamp
- 20 x 1.4″ Schwalbe Little Joe folding tyres – woom edition
- High-quality, lightweight tyres for good shock absorption, low rolling resistance and maximum grip
- Car-type valves for easy filling at any service station
- Reflective stripes on the sides of the tyres for optimal visibility even in low-light conditions
- Lightweight stem made out of forged aluminium
- Adjustable height and reach mean the Vario stem offers an optimal riding position as the child grows.
- Handlebars attached via two clamps and fixed with two 5 mm hex bolts
- Ergonomically designed to fit children's pelvis
- Side protection to lean against walls
- Wide, ergonomically adapted and lightweight aluminium bars for more control
- Sandblasted and black anodised
- Width: 580 mm
- Anodised aluminium seatpost with insertion marks that indicate the minimum insertion depth
- Child-friendly thanks to reduced diameter
- Screwed-in end plugs
- Made from aluminium
- No risk of turning and/or twisting
- Lightweight, forged 110 mm aluminium cranks with narrow tread (Q-factor)
- Beginner gearing: 29 teeth in the front and 11-28 teeth in the back
- Platform plastic pedals
- Sealed cartridge
- Two independently operated V-brakes with braking power adapted for children
- Ergonomically adapted brake lever with reach adjustability
- High-quality Jagwire cables for reduced friction and smooth performance
- woom red, sunny yellow, woom green, sky blue, purple haze
- 7.3 kg / 16.09 lbs (without pedals)
How is the bike delivered?
WOOM Bikes are perfectly prepared and almost completely assembled when they are shipped. Only a few small adjustments are necessary to get the bike ready to ride.
- Install the front wheel.
- Attach the head set and tighten the 6mm bolt firmly using the allen wrench.
- Adjust brake
- Install Pedals
- Adjust saddle height and ready to go